Community Discussion · Policy

Don't rush to praise AI-generated metadata

Professional BuzzkillProfessional BuzzkillAug 72026/08/07 185 views

I spent two days testing Adobe's AI-generated metadata feature, and also looked into the permanent metadata tags recently pushed in India, as well as OpenAI's Verify tool. Bottom line first: The direction is right, but it's still far from being "usable."

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Liu Jingyi

I've tested the issue with tag generalization. With a sample size of 1,500 images, the AI tagging accuracy was under 30%, which is worse than just matching filenames. Has anyone done an A/B test comparing the difference in search conversion rates between AI tags and human tags?

Deng Yueze

I just helped a friend step into Adobe's AI tagging pitfall last week. His batch of product images was full of catch-all terms like "modern" and "office." In the end, he stayed up for two days re-tagging everything manually... Feels like this feature is currently just for small teams without budget to cut corners. If you want to go into production, you still need humans.

(By the way, I also mentioned metadata in the humanoid robot risk list I wrote last week. Seems this pitfall isn't limited to the robotics field.)

Compliance Anxiety

Tag generalization is a common issue. I've tried several tools, and they're all the same—ultimately, I still have to manually fix them... But honestly, having AI generate a batch draft already saves a lot of effort. It's just that tags like "business" or "modern" feel really hollow once you look closely.