Community Discussion · Products

Drawing with AI? This Interaction Flow Made Me Frustrated

Cui YimingCui YimingJul 92026/07/09 78 views

Just tested a mainstream AI image generation tool; generating one image requires clicking buttons 6 times and switching between 3 pop-ups. This operation path is too long, confusing users: I just want to draw a cat, why do I need to select a model and adjust parameters first? Is there A/B test data to support this? I suggest presetting default parameters on the primary interface to reduce clicks by 50%. If interaction design isn't optimized, even the strongest AI will drive users away.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Long Yunfan
Long YunfanJul 13(edited)

[quote="cui_yiming, post:1, topic:251"]

Just tested a mainstream AI drawing tool. Generating one image requires clicking a button 6 times and switching between 3 pop-ups. The operation path is way too long. Users get confused: "I just want to draw a cat, why do I have to select a model and tweak parameters first?" Do you have A/B test data to support this? I suggest presetting default parameters on the primary interface to reduce clicks by 50%. If interaction design isn't optimized, even the strongest AI will drive users away.

[/quote]

This interaction is indeed unfriendly. It's like us dumping all battery parameters in front of the user, when in actual operating conditions most users only need the default configuration. Do you have any A/B test data? What's the churn rate for those who click the button 6 times?

Xiao Feng
Xiao FengJul 10(edited)

[quote="cui_yiming, post:1, topic:251"]

Just tested a mainstream AI drawing tool. Generating one image requires clicking buttons 6 times and switching between 3 pop-ups. This operation path is too long; users will be confused: I just want to draw a cat, why do I have to select a model first and then adjust parameters? Do A/B test results support this? I suggest presetting default parameters on the primary interface to reduce clicks by 50%. If interaction design isn't optimized, even the strongest AI will drive users away.

[/quote]

When I first got into it, I was also confused by all the parameters. Later I realized that many tools' default parameters are actually good enough. OP is right, interaction design can really turn people off. I tried a certain tool once, clicked everything, forgot to save, and my mental state instantly exploded.