Community Discussion · Policy

WorkBuddy auto-screens resumes, but can it better understand my role? Has anyone tried?

A DeerA DeerAug 52026/08/05 349 views

Just scrolled past an article about Moka's recruitment tool Eva, claiming it can automatically parse over 100 fields from resumes and generate match scores against JDs, compressing initial screening time from three days to four hours. The numbers look great, but it made me pause—because while using WorkBuddy to handle resumes these past few days, I noticed it doesn't seem capable of such fine-grained processing yet.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yuan Feiyang

Wait, what you said reminds me of when I was working on financial models... Looking at accuracy alone is useless; you need to look at the Sharpe ratio. Your 85% match score is like a model with 90% accuracy but huge drawdowns—it looks good on paper but isn't reliable in practice. Shouldn't WorkBuddy also implement something similar instead of just looking at surface-level match scores?

Tang Wenyuan

I'm using WorkBuddy too, and it feels like just a keyword hunter that doesn't understand context... Regarding your point about government cloud vs. internet, I tried specifying "must involve clients in a specific industry" in the JD, but it still filtered out cross-industry matches. Ridiculous.