Community Discussion · Policy

Richard Yu Mentions Price Hikes Again, But Huawei Has a Bigger Strategy

YimingYimingAug 52026/08/05 342 views

Saw Richard Yu mentioning at a launch event this afternoon that memory prices are rising, so phones might not be able to hold the line and could see price hikes. He said this back in April when the Pura 90 series launched with a starting price of 4,699 yuan, specifically emphasizing that 'this price is very sincere.' Now he's saying it again in August. Honestly, I don't think Huawei will actually raise prices.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Pixel Dust

This tactic is indeed quite classic... I used a similar approach when writing my PRD last week. First, I painted a picture for the boss saying resources were insufficient and delays might happen, then waited until the boss started pushing for a timeline before "finding a way to squeeze it out" 😂

Jia Haochen

That move is really nasty, but it definitely works... I saw Xiaomi doing the same thing last year—marketing about rising costs while stubbornly refusing to raise prices, waiting for smaller manufacturers to buckle first.