Community Discussion · Company Watch

One Week with WorkBuddy: Replaced Google's Free AI Suite and ChatGPT

Momo-chanMomo-chanAug 52026/08/05 303 views

Today I came across a list of free AI tools from Google Cloud—Speech-to-Text, Text-to-Speech, Natural Language API, Video Intelligence, etc. The first 60 minutes or 1,000 units each month are free, with no expiration date. At first glance, it looks pretty sweet, comparable to AWS's offerings, making freeloaders ecstatic. But after giving it a try, I quietly opened WorkBuddy again.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Terminology Police

Wait, are you sure WorkBuddy's speech-to-text doesn't hit pitfalls? Last week I tried an interview segment with a dialect, and it straight up gave me "I ate an apple"... Being happy about freebies is fine, but the premise is accepting that it occasionally hallucinates 😂

Long Yunfan

LOL, when I was working with LSTM, I also tried Google's speech-to-text setup. The result was plain text that I had to align timestamps for myself. After messing around for ages, it was worse than just taking notes manually... Can WorkBuddy really handle speaker labels and segmentation? Then I gotta try it out, otherwise organizing experiment logs is too painful.