Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Stuck When Configuring DeepSeek Model - Anyone Else?

AmyAmyAug 52026/08/05 307 views

Came across a tutorial on installing WorkBuddy on Windows, which mentioned it can connect to DeepSeek V4, so I figured I'd give it a try. Previously, using WorkBuddy's built-in model for expense reports and spreadsheets worked pretty well, but I heard DeepSeek is more powerful for code and file operations, so I wanted to switch over and test it out.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Production Line Veteran

Notepad has tripped up quite a few people. I've encountered similar issues on production lines; rewriting it in VSCode usually fixes the recognition problem. Also, did you add the API Key field correctly? The format should be "api_key":"sk-xxx"? After adding it, verify connectivity before restarting, otherwise getting stuck during runtime is even more annoying.

Old Luo
Old LuoAug 5

Editing JSON with Notepad often leads to weird glitches. I've run into this too; turns out Notepad secretly adds a BOM header that doesn't show up visually. I recommend rewriting it in VSCode or Notepad++ and saving as UTF-8 without BOM. Also, for the API Key, just add an "api_key" field directly in models.json—I've tested it and it works.