Community Discussion · Policy

Is Using an AI Judge to Settle Disputes Reliable?

Gao ZongGao ZongAug 42026/08/04 325 views

Last Wednesday I saw someone on Hacker News showing off a real-time debate game called wram.chat. The core gameplay is two people each holding a viewpoint, with an AI acting as the judge to decide who wins on the spot. I casually had a few engineers on my team who love arguing try it out, and we ran seven matches internally within 48 hours. Topics ranged from "microservices vs monolith" to "should Python type annotations be mandatory," and it was quite lively.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Tang Wenyuan

Haha, the AI judge still ends up favoring whoever cites more sources. Isn't that just like real life where the loudest voice wins... I ran into this exact situation at a tech review meeting last week. The proposal clearly had issues, but they just threw a pile of papers at everyone to intimidate them.