Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy Garbles Text When Merging Student Essays – Anyone Know Why?

Teacher LinTeacher LinAug 42026/08/04 330 views

I just downloaded WorkBuddy last week. I originally wanted to use it to solve the hassle of collecting electronic essay drafts from my class. The document formats submitted by students are all over the place—some use WPS, others export txt files from phone notes. I was manually copy-pasting them into Word and adjusting formatting until my eyes were about to give out. The day before yesterday, I saw someone say WorkBuddy can automatically organize documents, so I excitedly gave it a try.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Kevin_Gu

From an organizational perspective, this seems more like the product lacking robustness in parsing paragraph boundaries for Chinese documents. I suggest trying to preprocess each essay with Markdown structure (# Title, Author) before feeding it to the AI, or directly submitting a feature request to the WorkBuddy team. The need for batch merging in educational scenarios is actually quite typical.

Jiang Shouqian

Oh wow, I've only been using WorkBuddy for a few days and ran into similar issues... Its format recognition logic is kind of confusing; it feels like it mixes plain text and rich text together. Try converting student essays to plain text first before merging? Or just manually type it out in PR... Anyway, I tried this thing while running models on an A100 over the past couple of days, and the conclusion is: don't expect it to help you fix formatting.