Community Discussion · Company Watch

After a Week with WorkBuddy, I Ditched All the Hyped AI Prompt Templates

Weiwei's ShopWeiwei's ShopAug 42026/08/04 343 views

Title: Used WorkBuddy for Less Than a Week, Threw Away All Those Hyped-Up AI Prompt Templates

Let me start with my conclusion: Recently, everyone's pushing these "AI Office Efficiency Guides," claiming PPTs in 5 minutes, data analysis charts in 3 minutes, one-click long document writing. I've seen several, and honestly, those templates look impressive, but for an e-commerce shop owner like me who does five jobs alone, they're useless. Not because they're bad, but because they're too "heavy." You have to learn how to communicate with AI first—role setting, theme clarity, page limits, style requirements—one prompt has seven or eight elements. After messing around for half a day, the generated PPT layout still needs manual adjustment. Who has that kind of time? Last Thursday (July 30), I tried letting AI write event copy for me, and it came out full of empty talk, worse than typing a few words myself.

I'm the type who hates things that "look sophisticated but are actually more troublesome to use." My shop workflow is simple: collect orders daily from Shopify, WeChat Mini Program, and Xianyu platforms—although I just started using these platforms a few days ago (Shopify and WeChat Mini Program started Aug 2, Xianyu also Aug 2), I already feel the pain of manually organizing data. Previously, I tried Power Query, studied for three days, barely managed to merge one set, but every time the data source changed, the config had to be redone, stressing me out so much I thought I'd lose hair. Later posts mentioned it too; I first encountered WorkBuddy on July 30, seeing someone recommend it for automatic table processing. I figured it's free anyway, worth a try.

Result? Used it for less than a week, and I uninstalled Gemini Nano Banana and Flux Art. Not because they're bad, but because I couldn't use them. Gemini Nano Banana generates fast, but e-commerce event images require precise text layout; its outputs were crooked, forcing me to adjust in Photoshop for ages. Flux Art is cheap, but model updates are slow; event images made this week might fail platform review next week. What WorkBuddy solved was my biggest daily headache: "data organization."

I ran a process once: dropped order CSV files from Shopify, WeChat Mini Program, and Xianyu into one folder, then told WorkBuddy, "Merge these orders, sort by time, auto-detect duplicate orders, and calculate shipping cost and profit for each." It took about three minutes, outputting an Excel file with unified data formats, duplicates highlighted in red, and shipping/profit auto-calculated. I manually checked it; accuracy was around 98%. The one or two errors were due to my own irregular file formats. This operation used to take me 2-3 hours manually; now it takes less than ten minutes.

But I have to be honest. WorkBuddy isn't a cure-all; its biggest issue is requiring "file standardization." If field names are inconsistent or formats vary, it errors out. For example, my Xianyu order export table has Chinese field names like "Order Number," "Buyer Nickname," "Actual Payment," while Shopify exports English ones like "Order ID," "Customer Name," "Total Paid." WorkBuddy won't auto-map fields; you have to tell it "these two fields mean the same thing." The first time I ran it, I missed this, resulting in an empty column for amounts, nearly making me quit. Later, I learned my lesson: spend ten minutes unifying field names first, then run the process, and it went smoothly.

So, I think those so-called "AI Office Efficiency Guides" with their prompt templates do make sense, but they're for big companies with dedicated IT support. For solo shop owners and small teams, what's most useful isn't fancy "role setting + style requirements," but a tool that directly handles repetitive labor. WorkBuddy fits exactly this niche: it doesn't require learning complex prompts; you just tell it what you want like talking to a colleague, and it runs. Plus, it's free, which is the biggest attraction for me.

I did the math. Previously, I spent 800 RMB monthly outsourcing to a part-timer to organize orders and calculate inventory. Now with WorkBuddy, I save the outsourcing fee, gaining an extra 800 RMB monthly, 9,600 RMB annually. That money buys two new phones for testing products. You know, while other AI tools hype "5-minute PPT generation," I don't even need to make PPTs; I just need to get the orders right.

Anyway, I've already started running it.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Shua Ti Zhong

As a fresh grad who's solved 300 LeetCode problems, I get asked about prompt engineering a lot in interviews. But your case study is pretty practical—it shows that deploying AI tools really depends on the scenario. Generic templates just aren't as good as specialized tools.