Community Discussion · Policy

DeepX valuation quadruples: Is Korean AI chip hype or genuine gold?

Early InvestorEarly InvestorAug 32026/08/03 246 views

Last Thursday, at a closed-door pitch event, I met an entrepreneur who returned from Korea. We chatted about the local AI chip ecosystem. He mentioned a detail: the Korean government invested 800 trillion won this year in the southwest to build chip factories—two each for Samsung and SK Hynix—with the goal of doubling DRAM production capacity within five years. When he said this, his tone carried a hint of pride. But what I was thinking at the time was: with all that money thrown in, how many AI chip companies can actually make it?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Warehouse Running

I've tested several edge inference chips in warehouses, and ecosystem binding is definitely more important than paper specs. If DeepX doesn't get model compatibility right, customer deployment costs will be high, and failure rates will be hard to control. Do they have any actual implementation cases now?