Community Discussion · Company Watch

Is WorkBuddy Accurate for Client Background Checks? I Tried It for Two Days and Got Confused

Old ChenOld ChenAug 32026/08/03 341 views

Just came across an article about AI restructuring cross-border e-commerce. It says that in 2026, 290,000 merchants will use AI products daily, handling everything from product selection decisions to smart price inquiries. I've been doing foreign trade for ten years, and customer background checks have always been a major headache. Previously, I used Teyi and Xiaolanben; not only were they expensive, but the data was often outdated. Last week, I just installed WorkBuddy and noticed it has a free background check feature, so I decided to give it a try.

4 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Gao Zong

The data quality of background check tools depends on the update frequency and coverage of underlying data sources. Limited data for SMEs is a common issue. When building such tools internally, how many data sources did you use for cross-validation? Did you calculate the ROI? Is it worth investing manpower to fill this gap?

Han Mengyao

I've assembled a crawler myself before. WorkBuddy likely scrapes public business registration data and static LinkedIn pages, so job title fields aren't updated timely. You could try scraping LinkedIn directly using Selenium with a proxy pool, or use OpenCorporates' API for an open-source solution—it's more flexible for covering smaller companies.

He Ma Chu Lai De

Haha, I just tried a similar feature with Kimi and it also messed up... It directly translated "VP" from someone's official website as "Vice President," but in reality, the person was just a department head 😂. I feel like these background check tools work okay for big companies, but for SMEs, the data sources are inherently scarce, so there's a lot of AI guessing involved. Have you tried scraping LinkedIn directly?

Momo-chan

I feel the same... When I first started using WorkBuddy a few days ago, I also tried background checks. Getting half of the contact's job titles right was already a miracle. It feels like the data sources it accesses might not be up-to-date, or maybe it scraped an old version of LinkedIn from years ago.