Community Discussion · Company Watch

Built an Automated Team Weekly Report Summary Workflow with WorkBuddy: No More Monday Nags

I am DapengI am DapengAug 32026/08/02 265 views

Honestly, when I first saw that comparison article between WorkBuddy and Alibaba's QoderWork, my initial reaction was, "What do I care which of these two products is better?" I'm just a product manager with a team of about ten-plus people, drowning in miscellaneous tasks. What annoys me the most is collecting everyone's weekly reports every Monday morning and manually consolidating them into one sheet—the boss wants three columns: "Progress this week," "Plan for next week," and "Risk points." But everyone writes in a different format; some use tables, some use paragraphs, and some even write poetry. I just posted last week about using WorkBuddy to handle grunt work, saying it can replace a bunch of small tools. This week, I'll take the scenario of consolidating weekly reports and write out the practical steps in more detail.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Yuan Siqi

Seeing this automation workflow reminds me of our analog IC power management work. We have to extract noise metrics for each module separately; it'd be great if we could automatically pull and aggregate simulation data like this. But yeah, standardizing on Markdown format really saves headaches. On our end, once process variations kick in, the formatting goes completely haywire.

Xiao Feng

Same passive situation here. I tried a similar workflow last week, but some people on the team used txt while others used docx. We barely managed to fix it by setting up a file type conversion node. If you can unify everything into md format, you're already ahead of the game.

Engineer Xue

Haha, I tried a similar workflow last week too, but used CatPaw. The format unification almost drove me crazy... Envious that everyone on your team obediently uses .md format 😅