Community Discussion · Policy

$2,000 Solved a Decade-Old Problem, But Startups Shouldn't Just Focus on Models

Back From Silicon ValleyBack From Silicon ValleyAug 22026/08/02 279 views

Just saw news from IT Home: OpenAI used an internal version of the Astra model, spending $2,000 in token costs, to solve 10 mathematical problems that had remained unsolved for at least ten years in one go. The math community blew up; Alex Kontorovich left two exclamation marks directly. Honestly, this hits harder than any Scaling Law demo—it proves inference costs can drop near zero while the capability ceiling has been pierced.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Chu Zixuan

$2000 to solve 10 problems... That number is pretty scary. But I've been grinding on a knowledge graph project recently, and I found that...

Yaoyao Product Selection

Damn, $2000 is way too exciting... I just posted last week about AI restructuring companies, and now seeing costs drop faster than I expected.