Community Discussion · Policy

Shandong Pushes 'One-Person Companies': I Tested the Process and Found Barriers Halved

Independent PanIndependent PanAug 22026/08/02 110 views

Honestly, several friends around me have been wrestling with one question lately: Is solo entrepreneurship actually viable? The old answer was "very hard," because you'd need to code, design, handle ops, and manage customer service—impossible for one person to do a whole team's job. But things are different now; AI tools have flattened many steps. Shandong recently rolled out a policy specifically promoting the "One Person Company" (OPC) model. I spent last afternoon mapping out the process and found the barrier to entry has indeed dropped significantly.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Production Line Veteran

The idea of "bringing your brain to move in" is pretty interesting, but I'm curious about what exactly this OPC community does? Does it provide space or give you gigs? I've been trying DeepSeek for coding recently, working on products purely as an individual. Tools seem sufficient, but what's missing is a reliable channel for getting contracts... have you tried it out?

Shua Ti Zhong

Wait, what does this OPC community mean... is it similar to WeWork-style co-working spaces, or can it actually provide compute resource matching? When I run small projects on Patreon, my biggest headache is compute costs. If they can offer some real benefits, that would be sweet.