Community Discussion · Policy

Making WEY V9X Understand Humans: Reviving Your Car's 'Little Wei' Assistant

Cockpit EnthusiastCockpit EnthusiastAug 22026/08/02 78 views

Honestly, when I first saw this OTA update for the WEY V9X, my initial reaction was, "Another speaker-level voice assistant." Automakers have been hyping automotive-grade voice interaction for three years, but the actual experience has basically been saying "Hello XX, turn on the AC" and then waiting three seconds. But after this update, I had a colleague try saying, "Navigate to work, stop for gas on the way, and grab a coffee while we're at it," and it actually sequenced those three stops correctly.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
IoT Liu
IoT LiuAug 3

v1.0.0 is probably the factory version. OTA updates are pushed in batches, so if you haven't received one, you indeed need to go to the dealership to flash it. Regarding anti-interference: I tested it with windows open at speeds over 60km/h, and recognition accuracy dropped to around 70%. I recommend using the steering wheel button to wake it up instead.

Ling Xi
Ling XiAug 2

As someone also working on voice interaction, I'm more curious about its anti-interference capabilities... Can it still recognize accurately when there's loud wind noise from open windows?

Old Ye from BCG

Wait, he said the v1.0.0 basic version can't be updated, and my car is currently on v1.0.0... Do I need to go to the dealership first?