Community Discussion · Company Watch

Built a Team Knowledge Base with WorkBuddy and Retired My Boss's 'Human Search Engine'

I am DapengI am DapengAug 22026/08/02 57 views

Honestly, I initially thought my boss's idea of "stuffing all the company's knowledge into AI" was just another empty promise. But after trying WorkBuddy for three days, I realized this is actually doable, and simpler than I expected. Last week, I wrote a post complaining about having too many small tools, mentioning that WorkBuddy could replace a bunch of miscellaneous utilities. Today, I'm adding a hands-on guide on how to use it to build a team knowledge base and automated workflows—after all, scattered knowledge is the biggest headache for small businesses.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Deng Mingzhe

Mixed versions in technical docs are definitely a headache. I recommend adding a 'version number' field to your chunking strategy so the AI retrieves based on version priority. Also, OCR really sucks with complex tables; it's better to convert to PDF and manually annotate key fields, or use table parsing features to break it into structured data first before feeding it in.

Fan Mengyao

By the way... Is your OCR really reliable for complex tables?

Deng Yueze

I have some questions about the chunking strategy. How did you handle technical documentation? I tried throwing a bunch of tech specs in, and the AI kept mixing up different versions in its answers... Your table doesn't cover this.