After a Week with WorkBuddy, I Abandoned ChatGPT and 01Agent
[Title] Tried WorkBuddy for two days, and I've banished ChatGPT and 01Agent to the cold palace
Honestly, the first thing I do every morning when I open my computer is check what new features various AI tools have released. A few days ago, I saw that article "Full AI Tool Configuration List for Self-Media Bloggers in 2026," where 01Agent was hyped to the sky, and ChatGPT and Claude were also lined up. I tried them all, and it felt like ordering a whole table of food at my desk, taking one bite from each dish, but none could fill me up.
Until 2 days ago, when I was shaking with stress because of the weekly report deadline in the work group chat, I opened WorkBuddy with a "let's give it a try" attitude. The result? I admit, I got slapped in the face.
Workflow vs. Single Tool: Why I Fled Back to WorkBuddy from 01Agent
The article about 01Agent sounded tempting: intelligent topic selection, graphic layout, multi-platform publishing, one-click adaptation. I tried it; it was indeed beautiful, but using it felt like wearing a nice suit that didn't fit.
My usage scenario is like this: At 9 AM, my boss drops an Excel spreadsheet in the group chat and says, "I need this week's data analysis by Friday." Previously, I would have to open WPS to organize the data into tables, use ChatGPT to generate the analysis text, and finally copy it into the WeChat Official Account layout. In between, I'd manually adjust formats, edit images, and add links. After going through the process, switching tools alone required at least 5 steps.
WorkBuddy gave me the feeling that: This isn't a tool; it's moving the entire office into the chat box.
I tried directly uploading that Excel spreadsheet and said in natural language, "Help me turn this week's data into an analysis report with trend charts." WorkBuddy directly generated a long-form WeChat Official Account article with charts, titles, paragraphs, and data citations all in place. I spent 5 minutes tweaking some wording and published it directly.
The problem with 01Agent is: It breaks down the "self-media operation" process into dozens of steps, giving you a button for each step. But real work doesn't follow steps; it's one sentence from the boss, and you have to run the entire path.
Comparison Table: WorkBuddy vs. 01Agent vs. ChatGPT on 3 Core Dimensions
I made a table based on my actual feelings from testing over the past few days.
| Dimension | WorkBuddy | 01Agent | ChatGPT |
|---|---|---|---|
| Document Processing Capability | Native support, upload and use | Only supports text import | Requires manual copy-paste |
| Spreadsheet Data Analysis | Ask questions in natural language, directly generates charts | No such function | Can only generate text analysis |
| Layout & Adaptation | Automatically adapts to multiple platforms, supports fine-tuning | Powerful layout engine | No layout function |
| Multi-tool Integration | No switching needed, complete in one interface | Needs to be used with other tools | Pure conversation |
| Learning Cost | Very low, like chatting | Medium, need to understand skill store | Very low |
WorkBuddy crushes others in document processing and data capabilities. 01Agent is indeed slightly stronger in layout, but the gap isn't large.
Chinese Content Processing: WorkBuddy Made My DNA Move
As someone who has been tortured countless times by ChatGPT's "translation tone" in Chinese, WorkBuddy's Chinese processing capability surprised me.
I took a paragraph from a WeChat Official Account article I wrote last week and asked ChatGPT and WorkBuddy to rewrite it into a Zhihu-style answer. What ChatGPT gave me was "In the context of today's society...", which looked obviously machine-translated. WorkBuddy directly changed it to "Honestly, I've tried 3 tools, and this one works best." Tone, rhythm, and word choice—all correct.
This point is crucial for content creators. What AI tools fear most isn't that they can't write anything, but that what they write is so bad you're embarrassed to publish it yourself.
Data Capabilities: This is WorkBuddy's Killer Feature
To be honest, initially I never thought WorkBuddy could handle spreadsheets. I've used ChatGPT for 3 years, and every time I asked it to analyze Excel data, it would give me a block of text saying, "Based on your data, the trend is..." If I could understand the trends myself, why would I need you?
WorkBuddy's approach is: Directly upload the Excel file, then say "Make a line chart from column 1 and column 3, marking the peaks." It actually generated a document with charts, which I could copy directly into my weekly report.
I tried more complex operations: Uploaded a sales dataset with 500 rows and said, "Find the top 3 categories by sales volume and make a monthly comparison chart." After 2 minutes, WorkBuddy returned a complete analysis report with charts, tables, and text explanations all present.
Honestly, this feature made me feel that the years I spent doing data analysis with ChatGPT were like tightening screws by hand, whereas now we're on an assembly line.
Things I Don't Like: Layout Sometimes Glitches
Truthfully, WorkBuddy isn't perfect. I tried several times asking it to generate WeChat Official Account articles with image layouts, and sometimes the formatting got messed up. For example, images and text weren't on the same level, or the spacing between titles and body text was wrong. Manual adjustment was needed.
01Agent does better in this aspect; its intelligent layout engine can indeed generate content that is basically ready to publish in one go. WorkBuddy's layout feels more like a "semi-finished product," requiring another 5-10 minutes of manual fine-tuning.
But I don't think this is a problem. Because for someone like me who needs to frequently change content, manual adjustment is the norm. Compared to the time cost of switching between multiple tools, 5 minutes of fine-tuning is completely acceptable.
Summary: My Action Advice
If you are a self-media blogger with high content output frequency, needing multi-platform adaptation and layout, 01Agent is worth trying. Its layout capability is indeed strong, and the design of its skill store is quite innovative.
But if you are like me, needing to handle documents, spreadsheets, emails, PPTs in daily work, while also writing WeChat Official Accounts, doing data analysis, and sending emails, then WorkBuddy is the smarter choice.
My advice is: Don't just look at lists, try them. Install both WorkBuddy and 01Agent simultaneously, and run a real work task through them.
I spent 2 days testing 5 tasks, and the conclusion is clear: Use Write for daily office work, 01Agent for content creation, and WorkBuddy for full-stack needs. But if you can only choose one, I'd choose WorkBuddy. Because its capability coverage is broader, learning cost is lower, and it can handle complex tasks you might not imagine.
Physix Frontier