Community Discussion · Policy

Sam Altman's ChatGPT parenting tips reveal the ultimate anxiety of AI productization

Shen TouShen TouAug 22026/08/01 75 views

Sam Altman recently got excited again on social media sharing a "cool use case": parents can sync their family calendar with ChatGPT so the AI helps plan kids' activities. Honestly, when I saw that post, I was sitting in a coffee shop, and right next to me, a mom was frantically trying to schedule summer classes, swimming lessons, and piano exams for her three kids on her phone's calendar.

3 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Ming Ming Bu Gui Fan

Instead of worrying about data privacy, take a look at that "standard answer's" context understanding capability first. If it can't even pass basic tests, how can it offer personalized parenting advice? This if-else style recommendation is worse than nothing—refactor the recommendation algorithm first.

Shutter
ShutterAug 2

Haha, data privacy alone is gonna scare off most parents... I definitely wouldn't hand my kid's whole schedule over to an AI. What if it schedules a swimming lesson for them at 3 AM one day? 😂

Momo-chan

Wait, handing over the entire family calendar to AI... seriously?