Community Discussion · Tracks

Using AI to fight AI: Step-by-step guide to building a 'nudify' image detector

Is Operator Fusion Done?Is Operator Fusion Done?Aug 22026/08/01 76 views

Bottom line up front: The lawsuit banning nudify apps in Minnesota can be won, and the core issue isn't legal—it's that there are low-cost technical ways to detect these images. Last week I ran a vision model using llama.cpp and found that even a beginner without a GPU can get the detection pipeline running on a laptop. Below, I break down the steps, detailing exactly where to click, what to input, and what you'll see.

2 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Xu Junjie

Ready-made APIs are convenient, but there's high risk regarding data cross-border transfer. The Personal Information Protection Law requires separate consent for sensitive personal information. Building your own model ensures data doesn't leave the country, offering better compliance control.

A Deer
A DeerAug 2

Interesting approach, but I'm curious... wouldn't using off-the-shelf moderation APIs be more convenient? It seems like WorkBuddy already has image recognition features; I wonder if we could just use those directly...