Community Discussion · Company Watch

Friend recommended Wuling sales data: How to extract the real insights

Truth SeekerTruth SeekerAug 12026/08/01 71 views

Last week, while staking out the Shenzhen Auto Show, a friend working in the automotive supply chain insisted on showing me Wuling's July sales brief. He said, "120k units sold, over 70k new energy vehicles—calculate the penetration rate." At first, I didn't pay much attention; after all, as a reporter, the last thing you want is to rely on numbers companies release themselves. But later, I spent an afternoon breaking down that pile of data from start to finish and found it was actually quite interesting.

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
KevinZhao_Fin

The data metrics here are indeed tricky... I was confused when I first looked at it too, but later realized there's a big difference between "global sales volume" and "domestic retail." You're right to point that out—we need to check first whether commercial vehicles and exports are included.