WorkBuddy output goes haywire after deployment: What's misconfigured?
Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy output goes haywire after deployment: What's misconfigured?

Pixel DustPixel DustAug 12026/08/01 67 views

I've only been using WorkBuddy for a few days, and yesterday I messed up while teaching a colleague how to use it.

A couple of days ago, I wrote a post about managing design documents with WorkBuddy, and it seemed smooth at the time. But yesterday, while helping a newbie in our group set up their environment, they followed my steps, fed in PRD Markdown and design specs, and then WorkBuddy started randomly altering my color system.

Specific phenomenon: I asked him to use WorkBuddy to generate a payment page design draft, wanting to see if it could understand the --color-primary: #1A73E8 rule I buried in the design specs. The result was #2B6FA0—close but wrong. Even worse, the body text turned into Comic Sans.

I tried checking the logs, following a CSDN tutorial. Pressed Win+R, typed %APPDATA%WorkBuddylogsmain.log. No errors in the log, just [INFO] Plugin loaded successfully and a bunch of [INFO] Task triggered. Node.js version is v20, Git and .NET are installed, environment looks fine.

1. Checked Node.js version: v20.11.0

2. Confirmed Git is in PATH

3. Looked at main.log: no red errors

I suspect the issue lies in how the spec file is written. Does WorkBuddy not recognize the format of my design-tokens.json? Or should I use some # Rule Definition marker to make it strictly follow the rules?

Has anyone encountered this "runs but produces wrong results" situation? Did I miss a configuration, or does it just improvise like this?

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts