Community Discussion · Company Watch

After Three Months with WorkBuddy, I Quit Instant PPT and Manual Slides

SleepySleepyJul 312026/07/31 68 views

Just saw that push notification about Jichu PPT claiming you can finish a PPT in 10 minutes, and I laughed. Not sarcastically, I genuinely laughed. I did some rough calculations, and three-quarters of the PPTs I made in the past three months weren't made with Jichu PPT, nor with other AI PPT tools, but with WorkBuddy. And I was editing as I went, thinking as I edited, cursing myself for not switching sooner.


Jichu PPT Test Results: Not Great

Before writing this, I specifically tested Jichu PPT. After all, for a comparison, you need a reference point. I chose three scenarios, all claimed strengths in their marketing: Generate from Topic, Generate from Word Upload, and Generate from URL.

Generate from Topic: I entered "Q1 2026 Cross-border E-commerce Operations Review," selected business style. An outline appeared in 15 seconds, content was fairly full, but it looked like template fill-in-the-blanks. It wrote "Problem Analysis" as "traffic decline, low conversion rate, insufficient ROI"—this kind of fluff literature could be written by any of my interns in five minutes. Moreover, there were no data dimensions, no competitor comparisons, no timeline. I tweaked it for about 20 minutes before giving up and rewriting it myself.

Generate from Word Upload: I uploaded a finalized Q4 financial report Word doc and selected "Keep Original Text" mode. Result: it changed "Revenue increased 12.3% YoY" to "Revenue achieved significant growth," and "Net profit decreased 8.1% YoY" to "Net profit declined slightly." I closed it immediately. "Keep Original Text" means it can't even keep the precision of the original text.

Generate from URL: This one I thought was okay. It converted an industry report webpage into a PPT; the format was basically correct, and it captured the content well. But the problem is, only the first three pages of the generated PPT were valid; the rest was all "Please refer to the original text for detailed content." I suspect incomplete scraping.

My conclusion from testing: Jichu PPT's positioning seems more like "giving people who don't know how to make PPTs a viewable template," rather than "giving people who need to get work done a usable tool."


Why I Ultimately Chose WorkBuddy

Some might think WorkBuddy is an office efficiency tool and has nothing to do with PPT generation. But those who have truly used it know that WorkBuddy's value isn't in "generating a PPT," but in "generating the PPT you want." What's the difference? Jichu PPT gives you a framework, and you fill it yourself; WorkBuddy helps you handle both the framework and the data, leaving you to just make choices.

Let me give a real-world scenario.

Last Thursday afternoon, my boss suddenly demanded a PPT for the "Q1 2026 Sales Review Meeting," requiring: data dimensions (sales by region, growth rates, gross margins), competitor comparison (us vs. three main rivals), problem analysis (why key regions declined), and next steps (specific to individuals). Due before end of day.

Previously, I would have opened Excel to pull data, copy it to Word, then copy to PPT, adjust formatting, change fonts, change colors, verify data, then find an error and start over from Excel. Minimum three hours.

This time, using WorkBuddy, it took three steps:

1. Threw the Excel data sheet in and said, "Analyze Q1 sales performance by region, sort by growth rate, highlight negative growth areas." WorkBuddy outputted results in about 30 seconds and automatically generated a trend chart.

2. Copied the analysis results into the PPT prompt and said, "Based on this data, generate a Q1 sales review PPT with structure: Overview → Data → Problems → Plans. Use bar + line charts for data, highlight three key regions for problems, include specific timelines for plans." WorkBuddy generated a 12-page PPT in about a minute.

3. Finally, I manually adjusted for about 15 minutes, tweaking conclusions to fit reality better, changing chart colors to company standards, and adding two pages of competitor comparison. Total time: ~45 minutes.

Compared to Jichu PPT's 10 minutes, I spent 35 more minutes, but got a finished product ready for presentation, instead of a half-finished draft needing another hour of fixes.


Technical Architecture Differences: Why WorkBuddy is "Smarter"

I roughly broke down their underlying logic.

Jichu PPT uses a typical "Template + Rules" model. You input a topic, it matches the closest preset template, and fills content according to fixed rules. Pros: fast. Cons: rigid. It doesn't understand your data, your business, or even your context. It simply replaces precise statements like "growth of 12.3%" with templated phrases like "significant growth."

WorkBuddy follows more of a "Task Flow + Agent" route. Instead of giving you a template, it breaks down your instructions into a task list: analyze data first, then generate charts, then organize content, then layout. Each step calls different capability modules, ultimately presenting a complete output.

The benefit of this design is: you control the process, not just the result. You can intervene anytime, e.g., "This table's data is wrong, recalculate," or "This conclusion is too optimistic, change to conservative wording." With Jichu PPT, modifying usually means "delete this page, regenerate," forcing you to start from scratch.


Who It's For, Who It's Not For

Scenario Recommended Tool Reason
Urgent report, existing data available WorkBuddy Directly processes data, generates charts, saves manual copying
Starting from zero, no ideas Jichu PPT Fast framework generation, good for beginners seeking inspiration
High demand for data precision WorkBuddy More reliable "keep original" mode, allows manual verification
Quick visuals, don't care about content Jichu PPT Just needs a viewable template, done in 10 mins
Complex PPT, multi-layer structure WorkBuddy Task flow mode, suitable for deep customization

My judgment: If you need a "usable PPT," WorkBuddy is at least an order of magnitude stronger than Jichu PPT. If you just need a "viewable PPT," Jichu PPT suffices.


A Clear Trend Prediction

Over the next year, AI PPT tools will split into two tracks: "Template Generators" and "Workflow Engines." Jichu PPT belongs to the former; WorkBuddy is moving toward the latter. And I believe the latter will win.

Why? Because the real pain point for most professionals isn't "not knowing how to layout a PPT," but "not knowing how to craft the content." Layouts can be solved by templates, but content requires data, logic, and business understanding. WorkBuddy helps you handle data, organize logic, and understand business. Jichu PPT cannot do these things.

So my prediction: Within six months, WorkBuddy will capture at least 30% of the AI PPT market share. Not because its PPT creation is incredibly good, but because it helps people get the PPT right.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts