Community Discussion · Company Watch

WorkBuddy's Intelligence: Knowing When to Stay Silent

Xiaoyu's MomXiaoyu's MomJul 312026/07/31 55 views

Sisters, while the kid is asleep, I'm here to tell it like it is.

Let me set the scene. Yesterday afternoon, my little one was napping, and I planned to use those two hours for a side hustle. The ideal scenario: open the laptop, use WorkBuddy to create an industry analysis PPT, then post it on Moments to promote my parenting mini-course. Reality? I sat at my desk, scrolled through my phone for ten minutes, opened the tool, and found that—just like Skywork AI—it pops up a Clarification Card asking about goals, background, and constraints before starting. I thought: "Why do I have to fill out another form! So annoying!" But then I reconsidered: isn't this thing more reliable than those tools that just blindly generate stuff?

I gritted my teeth and filled it out. As a result, the PPT content it generated was indeed more precise than any tool I've used before, requiring almost no edits. But here's the problem—I had to go soothe the baby three times in between, and every time I came back, I had to retrace my train of thought. During this process, I nearly wanted to smash my computer.

So what I want to discuss isn't "how powerful WorkBuddy is," but whether it's actually suitable for people like us whose time is shattered into fragments. After all, for someone like me, the scariest thing isn't a bad tool, but a tool that's too "smart"—so smart that it requires me to watch over it constantly.


1. Clarification Card: A Blessing or a Stumbling Block?

First, praise. I quite like the Clarification Card feature in Skywork AI. It clarifies goals, length, and audience before starting, preventing you from generating a bunch of nonsense. WorkBuddy has a similar mechanism called the "Task Confirmation Card." In my tests, this feature really saves hassle—for example, when I asked it to create a briefing on "The Impact of AI on Parenting," it first clarified that the audience was "parents with elementary school kids," then pulled my previously uploaded parenting notes from the Knowledge Base. The resulting PPT content felt deep even to me.

But here's the issue: This feature is friendly for people who can finish things in one go, but cruel for people who need to stop halfway to cook. When I first used it, I filled out the card, clicked generate, and went off to soothe the baby. When I came back, I found the task hadn't saved due to timeout, and I had to refill everything. My mental state exploded. Later, I discovered a hidden setting in WorkBuddy's "Task Confirmation Card"—you can save drafts first. Check Allow Save Draft in Task Settings, so even if you exit midway, you can pick up where you left off next time. But it's off by default, which wasted my effort.

In this regard, I prefer WorkBuddy's "multi-step task" design. Using step-by-step operations allows you to "do one step, walk away, come back, and continue," which is more flexible than Skywork's "fill everything out at once" approach.


2. Barrier to Entry: Is WorkBuddy a "Point-and-Shoot" or a "Professional Camera"?

Honestly, when I first started using WorkBuddy, I thought it was an "all-rounder." It handles documents, spreadsheets, emails, PPTs, data analysis, and file organization. But after trying it out, I realized its biggest problem is—too many features; beginners get lost easily.

Look at Skywork AI; it focuses on "end-to-end automation," handling everything from gathering info to making briefings in 10 minutes. WorkBuddy can do this too, but you need to manually configure workflows. For instance, I wanted WorkBuddy to automatically pull last week's sales data from my Google Drive, generate an analysis report using that data, and then automatically email it to my boss. Sounds cool, but the workflow is: 1. Create a new task in Automation Workflow; 2. Select Data Source as Google Drive; 3. Configure Filter Conditions to "Last Week"; 4. Set Output Format to Report; 5. Bind the Send Email action. Each step requires clicking through several menus. For someone like me who only dares to turn on the computer "while the kid is sleeping," just looking at these options is exhausting.

But conversely, once you get used to it, WorkBuddy's flexibility is something Skywork can't match. Skywork is like fast food—fast but fixed taste; WorkBuddy is like a buffet—you can build your own plate, but you need time to study the menu. I think WorkBuddy is better suited for people willing to "spend one hour learning to save a week of time," rather than those who need to "get it done right now."


3. Manual Mode: WorkBuddy's "Hidden Superpower"

I figured out a "non-standard usage" of WorkBuddy that's perfect for people with fragmented time like me. It's called "Manual Mode."

Steps:

1. In WorkBuddy's Task Settings, turn off Auto Execute and change it to Manual Confirm.

2. Then, break a large task into multiple small steps, such as "Gather Info," "Organize Data," "Generate Report," and "Adjust Formatting."

3. After completing each step, WorkBuddy automatically saves progress and waits for you to click Continue when you return.

This way, I can do "Gather Info" during the two-hour nap, then go eat; after putting the kid to sleep at night, I come back and click "Continue" to do "Organize Data." The next morning, I spend ten minutes doing "Generate Report." Although it took two extra days compared to doing it all at once, for someone like me who "can't possibly work continuously for an hour," this is the most realistic solution.

I recommend all moms try this mode. This mode turns WorkBuddy from a "one-off tool" into an "interruptible workflow."


4. Downsides: WorkBuddy's "Human Intervention" is a Flaw

Skywork AI's downsides are also present in WorkBuddy. For example, when I make a PPT, I still have to adjust the layout myself. WorkBuddy generates good charts, but colors, fonts, and alignment often have issues. I have to export it to PowerPoint to fix them. This is the same as Skywork; it requires post-production human involvement.

However, where WorkBuddy beats Skywork is its support for "auto-alignment after partial manual adjustments." For instance, if I manually change the title of one chart, WorkBuddy automatically adjusts the title format of other charts to maintain consistency. Skywork doesn't have this feature, at least not when I tested it.

That said, I have to complain that WorkBuddy's "collaboration features" are weak. You can't edit together with your husband like in Notion. I tried getting my husband to help fix some data, but he had to register an account, then I had to authorize him—we spent ages messing around. Maybe my expectations were too high, since it primarily targets personal efficiency, not team collaboration.


5. Future: What Features Should WorkBuddy Add?

I have a fantasy. Can WorkBuddy release a "Mom Mode"? Meaning, when it detects the user hasn't interacted for 30 minutes, it automatically saves all progress, then pops up a "You're Back" notification with a "Resume Last Task" button. Even better, could it predict what you want to do next based on your historical behavior? Like, "Your last task was a sales report, do you want to continue?"

If WorkBuddy could be that "understanding," I'd happily pay. After all, what people like me need most isn't a "powerful tool," but a "tool that accommodates our fragmented lives."


To sum it up in one sentence: WorkBuddy's "intelligence" lies in knowing when to shut up and when to lend a hand—but the prerequisite is that you must first learn how to "chat" with it.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts