
Using WorkBuddy to handle school forms saves time for writing
Honestly, the thing that annoys me most lately is teachers suddenly dropping a spreadsheet in the parent group chat after school.
It happened again this afternoon. Duoduo's teacher sent an Excel file asking us to fill out interest class registration details for the semester, plus a bunch of remarks. I was sitting at my computer editing video, just getting into the flow, and this interrupted everything.
In the past, I'd save the file, open Excel, fill it out manually, and send it back to the group. That round trip took at least half an hour, completely messing up my video editing rhythm.
Then I tried WorkBuddy. I installed it directly on my computer—yes, that AI office tool. I treat it as a little assistant that helps me work, handling not just documents but also spreadsheets, emails, etc.
I opened WorkBuddy, dragged the Excel file the teacher sent into it, and said one sentence: "Help me fill out this form. Duoduo's info: Grade 2, Class 3. Interest classes: Art and Calligraphy. Remarks: 'Parent pickup/dropoff time: 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM after school.'"
Less than a minute later, it was done. I checked it—the formatting was neat, and the content was correct. I saved it and sent it to the group. The whole process took about 5 minutes. I used the saved 25 minutes to continue editing my video.
I've been using it a lot this semester. When writing self-media articles, I sometimes use it to organize materials. For example, when writing a post about "How AI helps kids learn English," I throw several forum posts and WeChat public account articles at it, asking it to extract core viewpoints and outline the structure. Then I add my own practical experience, tweak the tone, and the post is ready in half an hour.
To be honest, I don't think WorkBuddy can completely replace me. It's more like a "tool that saves me time." Every day I pick up Duoduo from school, cook dinner, update my public account, and edit videos—I really have to split my time into pieces. Saving half an hour means I can read one more book with Duoduo or write one more draft.
I just saw a news item saying someone uses AI for long document summaries and auto-generating outlines. I've tried it; WorkBuddy works on the same principle. Last week, I helped Duoduo organize extracurricular reading material—almost 50 pages. I threw it at WorkBuddy and asked for a summary and key points. It gave me a few paragraphs that basically covered the core content. I showed it to Duoduo, and she understood it too.
However, seriously, you can't rely entirely on tools like this. I usually quickly review it to ensure no key information is missed. After all, AI sometimes misses details, especially for children's learning materials—I need to double-check myself.
I'm still exploring how to use it for my side hustle. For data analysis, I tried letting WorkBuddy analyze the follower growth trends in my community backend to see which content was popular. It generated a table marking out the monthly growth curve and popular content types. I adjusted my update plan accordingly and posted three articles on "Math Enlightenment for Primary School Students," and the view counts did increase.
Anyway, I feel these tools are particularly friendly for moms. You don't need to learn complex operations; just knowing how to use natural language is enough. I often tell it things like "Make a table summarizing this week's follower growth" or "Organize these notes and list the key points." And it just gets it done.
Have you guys had any similar emergencies where you got stuck on a spreadsheet or a document? I'm curious how you handled it.
Original link: https://github.com/acloon/qtlvok/blob/main/20260726_gbzgpOEzw.md
Physix Frontier