
After seeing iFlytek translation earbuds, I tried WorkBuddy for client emails—the gap is significant
Just saw someone in the group chat post about iFlytek's AI translation earbuds. Apparently, they're super popular at WAIC—real-time translation, meeting minutes recording, and even acting as an AI assistant. Honestly, my first thought was: sure, these are useful for foreign trade folks, but I feel like it's not enough.
After ten years in foreign trade, translation is just step one. What actually doubles efficiency is all that stuff that comes after—organizing customer orders, analyzing market data, writing outreach emails, making PPT proposals. No matter how smart a single pair of earbuds is, it can't handle all that.
Last week, I used WorkBuddy to handle a client case, which makes for a perfect comparison.
Here's the situation. I have a German client who sent over a PDF order last week—40 pages, all in German. It was packed with product specs, pricing terms, delivery dates, and tons of technical parameters. In the old days, this would take me at least half a day: translate page by page, manually organize into Excel, check prices, then write a confirmation email. All while flipping back and forth, terrified of missing key info.
This time, I just opened WorkBuddy, dragged the PDF in, and said: "Extract the key info from this order, organize it into a bilingual Chinese-English table, and highlight price changes and delivery risks."
About ten seconds later, the result was ready.
WorkBuddy didn't just translate the 40 pages into Chinese; it automatically generated a table with product names, specs, unit prices, quantities, total prices, and delivery dates—all clearly laid out column by column. More importantly, it flagged two price changes—one product was quoted 5% higher than last time, and another had its delivery time cut from 40 to 30 days without being noted in the contract. If I'd translated it myself, I probably would've missed those details.
[!tip] WorkBuddy's accuracy on multilingual documents is generally much higher than relying solely on translation tools because it understands industry terminology in context. For example, professional terms like "FOB Shanghai" aren't awkwardly translated as "Shanghai Offshore Price"; instead, it keeps the original text and adds an explanation.
My clients have tried various translation software before, but honestly, the results were hit-or-miss. Some translated "Letter of Credit" as "Credit Certificate," or "Shipping Advice" as "Navigation Notice." WorkBuddy performs better in this regard—at least in the three months I've used it, there haven't been any major errors.
Regarding visuals, I also used WorkBuddy recently when creating a market analysis report.
At the time, I needed to analyze export data for the ASEAN market over the past three years. I had over a dozen Excel spreadsheets, each with a different format. Some were organized by country, some by product category, and others mixed monthly and quarterly data. Using WorkBuddy's "Data Merge & Analysis" feature, I simply said: "Merge all tables by country, product, and quarter into a unified format, identify the top three fastest-growing categories, and generate trend charts."
It took about two minutes to integrate all the data into a standardized table, then automatically generated three line charts highlighting the fastest-growing categories: electronic components, agricultural processing equipment, and building materials. It even included a brief analysis noting that electronic components grew significantly due to supply chain shifts, suggesting we focus on them.
Translation earbuds definitely can't do this. Earbuds help you understand what customers say, but they can't handle the subsequent documents, spreadsheets, emails, or PPTs. WorkBuddy is more like an all-in-one assistant, managing the entire workflow from information input to output.
Looking at trends, there are more and more AI tools now, but I think the key isn't just what they can do, but whether they fit into your workflow. iFlytek's earbuds solve the "listening" problem; WorkBuddy solves the "doing" problem. They aren't substitutes but complements. But if you could only pick one, I'd recommend prioritizing WorkBuddy because it covers a wider range of scenarios—from translation, organization, and analysis to generation, all on one platform.
I also tried using WorkBuddy to write an outreach email last week. Previously, drafting an outreach email from concept to final version took at least half an hour. Now I just say: "Write an outreach email to a German client introducing our new eco-friendly packaging materials, emphasizing cost-effectiveness and delivery advantages, with a professional but not stiff tone." It generated one quickly. I tweaked the opening and closing, added some industry jargon, and sent it off in ten minutes. The client replied pretty fast, saying the info was detailed and they'd consider a trial.
The biggest takeaway from using WorkBuddy for these tasks is: it doesn't replace human thinking; it minimizes repetitive labor. Translation, organizing, analyzing, generating—these used to take up 80% of my time. Now, maybe only 20%. With the remaining time, I can focus on developing new clients, optimizing pricing strategies, and building deeper relationships.
In short: The value of AI tools isn't in how cool they look, but in whether they save you time to do what truly matters. WorkBuddy does a good job on this front.
Original Link: https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1871312570472243665&wfr=spider&for=pc
Physix Frontier