Community Discussion · Policy

Everyone says complex AI tools are better, but I found the most unassuming one works best

Old ChenOld ChenJul 302026/07/30 57 views

Last week on Zhihu, I stumbled upon a review of OpenClaw alternatives. Wow, eight tools, parameters getting more intimidating one by one, boasting things like "built-in 100 skill sets" or "one-click deployment in 5 minutes." As a veteran with ten years in foreign trade, my first reaction was: Can this thing solve my problem of clients sending price revision requests at 3 AM?

Honestly, I've stepped into more pitfalls than most people have used AI tools. From early RPA scripts to various agents later on, it was always "5 minutes to start, 2 hours debugging." But this time was different. I tried WorkBuddy, and even my clients praised me for "replying to emails as fast as a robot lately."

Problem: Foreign Trade Daily Life is Eaten by "Repetitive Labor"

I do small appliance exports, handling twenty-plus old clients. Each client has different product lines, pricing terms, and payment methods. The most frustrating part:

  • Email Handling: When a client sends an inquiry, I have to check historical records for previous quotes, manually calculate exchange rates, freight, and tariffs, then reply. An average inquiry takes 15 minutes.
  • Table Organization: Every week I schedule orders for factories, converting client orders into production tables. Filling in dozens of product parameters manually results in a ~30% error rate.
  • Data Analysis: The boss wants quarterly sales trends. I have to export data from the system, pull it into Excel for pivot tables, taking at least 2 hours total.

I previously tried several automation tools, but they either required coding or complex API integrations, scaring off a tech-blind person like me. Until a colleague recommended WorkBuddy, saying "You can just drag and drop files to use it."

Solution: Three Steps to Crush Repetitive Tasks with WorkBuddy

I tested it with a real case: Last Friday afternoon, German client Herr Müller emailed requesting a modification to a model in the previous quote, along with updated HS codes and tariff estimates for the whole batch.

Step 1: Use WorkBuddy's "Smart Email Processing" Feature

I dragged the original email into the WorkBuddy workspace and input the instruction: "Extract modification requirements from the email, compare with historical quote (attachment 20260301.pdf), generate the revised quote, and highlight changes." Note, I wrote no code, just natural language.

WorkBuddy automatically identified product models, quantities, and prices in the email, retrieved the old PDF quote I uploaded, and generated a new quote within 40 seconds, marking all modifications in red. The coolest part? It automatically embedded my previous note: "Client requires FOB terms."

Step 2: Batch Generate Production Tables

After revising the quote, I continued: "Based on this new quote, generate the corresponding factory production schedule, listing columns for model, color, quantity, delivery date (August 15, 2026), and auto-calculate total amount." WorkBuddy directly parsed the product list from the quote and generated a complete table. I only needed to verify it, taking less than 2 minutes.

Step 3: Data Visualization Analysis

I threw in an Excel file containing this client's order records from the past six months and said: "Count purchase volume by quarter, identify the product line with the highest growth rate, and draw a bar chart." WorkBuddy took about 30 seconds to give the result, accompanied by trend explanations. I screenshotted it and sent it to the group chat; the boss instantly replied, "This data is valuable."

Effect Comparison: Let Data Speak

Task Manual Time Cost WorkBuddy Time Cost Efficiency Gain
Handle client quote revision email 15 mins (incl. checking history, calc FX) 40 secs ~22x
Generate production schedule 30 mins (line-by-line entry) 2 mins 15x
Quarterly sales data analysis 2 hours (incl. prep) 1 min 120x
Batch reply to 6 inquiries 10 mins each, 1 hour total 3 mins 20x

[!note] Note: The above data is from my personal testing. Results may vary due to task complexity, but an efficiency gain of at least one order of magnitude is certain.

Compared to That OpenClaw Alternative, Where Does WorkBuddy Win?

I read that review. AionClaw's specs look pretty, but its core selling points are "local deployment + multi-skill ecosystem." I hate hassle. What impressed me most about WorkBuddy were two points:

1. Zero Learning Curve: No installation, no command writing, just talk like chatting. I didn't even read the manual and got started immediately.

2. Result-Oriented: It doesn't mess with fancy skill markets but polishes high-frequency scenarios like documents, tables, and emails to perfection. Attachments sent by my clients, whether PDF, Word, or images, can be processed just by dragging them in.

Honestly, I don't need 100 skill sets, just 3 reliable ones. WorkBuddy is that "few but excellent" choice.

Action Advice: Don't Just Read Reviews, Download and Run It

If you're a foreign trader like me, or do any job requiring frequent handling of documents, tables, and emails, download WorkBuddy today. Then pick a repetitive task you have to do tomorrow and try it—like copying tomorrow's inquiry email in to see if it can draft a reply for you. I bet you'll come back to like this after trying it.

By the way, that German client asked me last week: "Did you guys use some new system? Your reply speed seems hacked." I smiled and said nothing. But inside, I thought: I should have used this thing ages ago.

Original Link: https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/2056049677611561445

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
Chu Hongwen

This case study is interesting, but from a PR perspective, I need to remind you: media might press for specific data on compute costs and technical barriers regarding the claim that 'you can use it just by dragging and dropping files.'