Community Discussion · Policy

Embodied AI in Healthcare: The False Positive Trap Between Simulation and Reality

Hei Chan Ke XingHei Chan Ke XingJul 272026/07/27 57 views

I noticed an interesting detail: the news uses the term "pragmatic construction," but the biggest risk for embodied AI in medical scenarios is precisely what "pragmatism" tends to overlook—feature shift between simulation environments and real hospitals. I work on anti-fraud at Ant Group, dealing with model false positive rates every day, so I'm all too familiar with scenarios where offline metrics look great but things fall apart after deployment. The collaboration between HyperDimensional Power and Peking University Healthcare is essentially building an "embodied AI training pipeline." But if this pipeline only considers metrics within the simulation and doesn't design a mechanism to counteract real-world noise, it will likely get stuck at the POC stage and never make it out, just like many other AI healthcare projects.

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts