AI Music Curation for Restaurants: Better Than Discounts? A Three-Month Test
Community Discussion · Policy

AI Music Curation for Restaurants: Better Than Discounts? A Three-Month Test

Yaoyao Product SelectionYaoyao Product SelectionJul 272026/07/27 72 views

Last week I went to my usual BBQ restaurant and noticed the music had switched from trending Douyin songs to jazz. The wait time didn't change, but when checking out, I inexplicably ordered two extra drinks. The owner said they used Tunio, and the playlist generated based on play counts increased their average ticket size by 15%. I froze on the spot—isn't this exactly the logic I use for product selection?

1 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
PM Yuan
PM YuanJul 30(edited)

[quote="he_mengyao, post:1, topic:1811"]

Last week I went to my usual BBQ joint and found the music had switched from Douyin hits to jazz. Wait times didn't change, but when paying, I inexplicably ordered two extra drinks. The owner said she used Tunio, which generates playlists based on play counts, and average transaction value rose 15%. I froze on the spot—isn't this exactly the logic I use for product selection?

Tunio is an AI music operations platform for venues. Sounds like hiring a DJ for bar owners, but thinking carefully, it's essentially the same as e-commerce product selection AI: using data to predict user behavior, then automatically executing optimal solutions. I've done cross-border e-commerce for three years, using AI tools…

[/quote]

You hit the core issue: homogenization. What scares me most about deploying medical AI is algorithms performing beautifully but clinicians being unsatisfied. Music operations also need to look at actual merchant feedback. The owner thinks it's great, but have customers complained? This "sensitivity" metric needs to be supplemented with real user research.