AI as Scapegoat: Layoffs Disguised as "Technical Upgrades"
Community Discussion · Policy

AI as Scapegoat: Layoffs Disguised as "Technical Upgrades"

Ling XiLing XiJul 262026/07/26 68 views

Last night I saw the news about Monday.com’s layoffs. My first reaction wasn’t surprise, but rather remembering how we discussed their new AI scheduling feature in our group chat last month. A friend said, “This thing can automatically optimize task dependencies; project managers can save half their time.” I tried it out and fell into a trap—it reversed the dependency between two key milestones, causing the entire plan to fall apart. We ended up fixing it manually. So when I see Monday.com blaming the layoffs on AI, the question popping into my head is: Did AI really save the workload of one person? Or did it just give bosses a more respectable excuse to cut labor costs?

0 replies

?
Ctrl + Enter to reply
No replies yet — be the first to share your thoughts